Sunday, April 15, 2012

Real life mythology

The other day I was watching PBS when a commercial came on for a special on arctic life. I was so excited.

I perked up and proclaimed, "Yay! Narwhals on the artic show. I can't wait!"

To which my wife replied, "Wait, narwhals are real?"

What could I do but laugh at her hilarious joke.

"No really, narwhals are real?"

I stared at her, unable to mask the look accusing her of being a complete dumbass. She had to be kidding. This is an intelligent lady ya'll. For real. I have to ask her what half of her vocabulary means. Well she WAS intelligent. Then she continued her rubbish brained talk of mythical lands.

M'LADY: "Narwhals aren't real. They can't be! They're the unicorns of the sea!"

ME: "They're definitely real."

M'LADY: "But they have a horn!"

ME: "Actually, it's a tooth."

M'LADY: "They're sea unicorns."

ME: "Shutup."

The following viral internet video is where my saddeningly illusioned wife got her information about narwhals.



Let us have a moment of silence for those of you just now realizing narwhals are not mythological. And now, a cartoon in honor of M'lady.










THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY REAL NARWHALS

No comments:

Post a Comment